Faldage, much as I know you and ASp are besotted with each other, I hasten to preempt Keiva and point out a time that ASp was, if not nasty, at least more than a tad presumptuous. I can't be arsed to find the url but you can find the post yo'sef if you looks under Unca Bill's thread, the title of which he changed to "post denounced by modestgoddess." In there, AnnaS suggested that newbies should not be allowed to call YARTs.

Well, eff that noise.

Eff this whole noise on the board, actualment. It has been pointed out that we would all like each other a lot better without the technological cloak of anonymity. Isn't that enuf said? We can try to keep the nastinesses to a minimum by NOT PUSHING EACH OTHER'S BUTTONS - and by NOT PRESUMING that because anyone has been on the board longer, he or she is entitled to a) speak for others or b) boss others around.

If something insulting is said, it can be retracted gracefully (or gracelessly, I admit I've been there), yes?

But to me, the beginning point of this thread was a rude PM to Keiva. It comes back to this: Yes, it is understandable that someone not want to invite a specific person into his/her home. However, Wordapalooza has been made open to everyone on this board. Keiva is on this board. Therefore, if ASp does not feel comfortable including Keiva in the word-o-rama, perhaps she should consider holding it on neutral territory. Then she can have whomever she is happy to have in her home as a place to doss down - but we can all meet somewhere where we can mingle as freely or constrainedly as we choose.

Bottom line: Wordapalooza SHOULD NOT be an exclusive event.