And the sniping has begun again.

LAY OFF KEIVA, PEOPLE. He is good people.

I quite understand that:

1. Wordapalooza is a privately-arranged event, and
2. It is being held in a private venue, and
3. Probably ALL of us can think of one or more people on the board we would not want as a house guest.

However, I am with of_troy on this one: I think it would be excellent if we could have a meeting in some big happy public place. A park sounds excellent (as long as it's a nice weekend - and in June that's likely, yes?!). That way everyone can be there. It sounds as though attendance is likely to be such that no one need speak to anyone he/she wishes to avoid.

In spite of all that's gone on, I feel certain that I could at least talk civilly with ASp (the poster I would least like within my four walls!). I'm sure she has plenty to offer that I haven't seen....(this is me trying to polish the dull side, since I can't see the bright one!) I've found there are very few people in the world I can't get along with - I could probably count them on the fingers of one hand, out of the hundreds I've met.

It would be nice if something such as Wordapalooza, which has been very publicly advertised here on the board, were not an exclusive event. For some reason, before I started learning more about it, I had thought it would be held at a hotel or some similar public place where we could all meet with impunity. Any chance of making it so? ASp could still have to stay anyone who wanted to bunk in at her place, but we could perhaps meet on neutral ground.

(exit stage left again, still singing "Why can't we be friends....")