I wouldn't have posted this, except that our refined ladies have not contributed. (emphasis mine)

Well, I don't know about the refined ladies, but I'm here. Your discussion prompted me to look up euphemism - just to clarify exactly what I was commenting on.

From the Cambridge International Dictionary of English:

euphemism
noun
(the use of) a word or phrase used to avoid saying another word or phrase that is more forceful and honest but also more unpleasant or offensive eg. 'Senior citizen' is a euphemism for 'old person'. [C]

How about euphemism as a euphemism for propaganda? Then there's the "[insert appropriate type here] challenged" eg. vertically challenged for people who are short. How about in real estate (property) ads where they talk about something being a "rare find" generally - upon inspection -found to mean that you won't find anything like it, because all the others have been bulldozed? Is that a euphemism, or am I getting the wrong idea here... not claiming to be any kind of expert, I'm here to learn.

Just found a site with a few fun ones - here's the link: http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z168120A

Hev