Last from me tonight (this morning, actually, dammit!):

I'm really enjoying reading what people are saying about the nude/naked dichotomy, especially the distinction made about how you say both those words, and the warmth of the former and harshness of the latter. I especially liked of_troy's contribution from her art class experiences, and Alex's medical contribution.

I used to go to a doctor who, when he learned I am an artists's model, was embarrassed. This man used to, during my annual physical, uncover one breast at a time for that part of the exam. I found THAT embarrassing, since I always think of my breasts as a pair - was bemused to see the doc treating them so, um, prudishly? - I now have a more matter-of-fact doc who uncovers both breasts at once, which I appreciate (whew, they're both still there). I try to use the appropriate terms for body parts and functions but I dislike the word "anus" so avoid it if I can (though I've never said "butthole" either!). Interesting what one feels squeamish about and what one accepts with aplomb....