Is it significant, MG, that you waited for your 100th post to "come out"?

Also, I wonder about your name, Modest Goddess. One who describes herself as a "Modest Goddess" is asserting how she wishes to be perceived, not who she is. I may call myself "Adonis" and, by any objective standard, upon comparison with the physical attributes of other men, I may be admirably truthful, but I would not be "modest".

"Modesty" is not the same thing as "humility", of course. "Modesty" is an affectation and, therefore, inherently dishonest. "Humility", on the other hand, is like verdigris on a bronze statue. It develops with age. You might call it the wisdom of the bronze.

Verdigris, like moss etching the features of a stone, has a depth of character, albeit undesigned, which grows beyond the hand or vision of the artist.

"Humility" is like that, wouldn't you say, MG? It is a resonance with truth encountered beneath the surface, an etching of the unconscious beyond the will of its host. In humility, we all apprehend, instinctively, a natural beauty, do we not, a grace one cannot be born into, quite unlike the beauty of a flower, or a nude model posing for an audience.

I wonder if this is the beauty Keats was thinking of so famously, MG. "Beauty is truth, truth beauty. This is all we know of life, and all we need to know."