Wade a minnit (and I wasn't going to browse the board tonight - need....sleeeep......) - I say this post IS about language.

I asked for people's personal (not dictionary) definitions of nude and naked. Last I checked, both them is words. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the tag line under the Q&A title actually says, "Got a question about a word? post it here." Well, I got the question I posted about TWO words - naked and nude. And I am genuinely interested in people's answers.

Eh, so we got a little sidetracked in all the Angelic excitement of addiction, and the journey into member. So sue us.

Back to them words: Really, I'm curious to know how people define these for themselves - or what people think of when they hear each. There have been some interesting (to me, anyway) posts on this subject here. I don't see the need to move it to Miscellany. Them as wants to be jolly and rude can go to Keiva's alternate post (I'll be popping in there too, I luuuurrve jolly and rude!) but this IS SO a language thread, and I beg people who have genuine responses to the original question, to post 'em HERE.

And Jackie - I understand your concern with keeping the board compartmentalised, but please, if you're thinking what I've said above don't fit Q&A - just don't visit this thread here anymore.

Edit PS: There are other threads in this category that actually aren't about words, per se. Is someone going to shoo all of them into Miscellany or can we all just relax a little?