Leaving Camilla aside, I think the Family and the monarchy might get a great shot in the arm if Charles were to
step aside and William were to become king when the job falls vacant. This business of an old guy becoming
king is too boring. As I noted before, EII could go another 20 years. Even at that, Wills would still be relatively
young.

Well, Charles is still only 53 and in quite good shape. Edward VII was a heavy smoker, drinker and womaniser so he was never going to live to a ripe old age. He also ruptured his appendix before his coronation and the whole thing had to be postponed. I'm sure that he never fully recovered from this and other health problems.

Liz 2 is 76 and looking sprightly but there have been murmurings about abdication and Charles would make quite a good king for twenty years or so. After all, there have been older popes and company directors than he!!! The present pope only took his chair when he was in his late 50s.

As for Wills, I think there are a lot of people who would be up in arms to see him king so young. He's brash, too aloof and far too inexperienced to hold such a high position. Maybe in five to ten years but not now.