Noddy is homosexual propaganda???? I must go back and re-read Enid Blyton some time.

Acksherly, going back to the earlier part of the thread about male and female writers, I have to admit once I started reading by myself I read voraciously without caring whether the authors were men or women. My childhood favourites were Enid Blyton (perhaps George was meant to be a pubescent lesbian?), E. Nesbitt, C. S. Lewis, and Tolkein. There were hundreds of others I read, but although I was vaguely aware that there were such things as books for girls, I don't remember thinking much about who the books were actually by.

If I look at my shelves now, again I don't think either sex predominates. No doubt some writers write particularly for one sex or the other but then whether they are men or women I find them equally uninteresting.

Being very good and not saying a word about the aspersions cast on the young lady who wrote an account of certain late events which came under my own observation and, indeed, in which I played a small part myself.

Bingley

Bingley