Why is the language used in school so different from that used at home? My language didn't differ between the two.

I'll adjust the stress of my words to indicate that (even in my personal life) the difference between home and school is less than school -vs- other than home social situations.

Although the nature of 'certain stresses' brought about by living in a materialist based ideology (seeing success in that realm but not living it or seeing opportunities) may be only one of the catalysts for developing a *exclusive dialect that intends to create a different playing feild - with some hope of creating an advantage - it certainly is a strong one. In some neighborhoods and social situations it is a matter of survival!

As the goals of society vary, so shall the language. If pursuit of different happinesses are imbedded in our so-called Democracy, freedom and availabilities of different 'cultures' should be 'promoted', yet it is clear that aint what is happinin'. I know it's a big job, but we have a lot of people not doing anything. Maybe when government institutes the "none of the above" vote into elections will languages be represented as they *are and not as the 'status quo' believes they should be. Eh, just maybe.

The goals of your slangy sports buddies and you are *probably not that different. I'm not convinced what you're calling "very different constituencies" actually are.