I think I know the Canadian page you mention. I've read it over before, only to be shocked at all the things we have here that I just assumed were everywhere (such as ketchup chips). As a matter of fact, I just had to explain Timbits this week to a new student here from the Ukraine. I'd organized a coffee/tea party for this afternoon, and mentioned in the email invitation that I would buy Timbits. She said she looked it up in the dictionary, because she didn't know what it was. (Of course, being a brand-name, it wasn't there!) We also refer to the chain (properly known as Tim Horton's) as "Tim's". Like we know the man or something!

There is another major donut chain called Robin's Donuts, and they call their donut holes Robin's Eggs.

Every region has lots of alcohol slang terms. We all refer to beer cases by the number of beers, so you can say "Pick up a six of beer" or "Pick up a twelve of beer" or "Pick up a two-four, willya?" And again, the nicknames of different-size bottles of hard liquor refer to the old ounce measurements: a "mickey" (13 oz), a "two-sixer" (26 oz), or a "forty".

As for Newfoundland Screech, the bit on the website is right, but needs more history. Newfoundland has a long history of trade with Jamaica. During the Prohibition, the rum-runners used to travel between Newfoundland and Jamaica, and imported a great quantity of cheap rum. I've read somewhere that it referred to rum made/transported in barrels which had held molasses (another great NF staple), and that gave it a peculiar flavour. However, I don't have time just now to Google it to death to find out. We've bought the brand-name Screech, and I find it hideous. I like Lamb's white rum myself.