Seems we stumbled across a linguistic twist here, we did...we still do that once in awhile, you know!

a section from the first article: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~ancientpersia/org.html

Mercenary troops were more characteristic of later Achaemenid Persian armies but even in the early 5th century, Greeks were being employed in the service of Persian commanders. The term medizing came to describe such troops who were seen to be pro-Persian or in Persian service. Medizing comes from the word Mede which was the general term used by the Greeks to describe all Persian/Medean peoples.

Has anybody heard the word medizing used in an English context, or is that just a period term translated for this article? It's not in my handy desk-dictionary, so I'm interested in whether anyone has this offhand before I go a-searchin'...it's new to me.

(oh, and there's an Archery section at the bottom of the same article that actually describes the construction of the Medean bows...I just didn't get that far the first time )