In reply to:

Is this a Yart*? ...
*for the newbies and strangers here about--
YART is short hand for Yet Another Rehashed Topic--

My HUMBLEST apologies ... by all means let the thread die . (If anyone else is interested, here is the previous Pet Peeve thread http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?cat=&Board=miscellany&Number=49360.) I will hereby amend my ways, and conduct exhaustive searches before ALL posts .

But (is anyone's pet peeve people who start sentences with But?) on the topic of YART, I can appreciate why all you enthusiasts, Pooh Bahs, people with Carpal Tunnel and others don't want to read posts about topics you've already covered, but is there a different way that the Board can describe topics already discussed? The acronym is simple, but when it is explained the words seem a little harsh. When I read the above about my post, I felt duly chastised (Yet Another (sigh) Rehashed (roll of the eyes) Topic ... sigh). (of troy, this is not to make you feel bad, because I know there were probably a bunch of you out there drawing straws to see who got to deliver the news .)

I know I'm a 'stranger' (stranger than most) who is almost a 'newbie' but I'm going to take a risk and attempt to change a tradition. Can we come up with a more stranger/newbie friendly term? What about:

Read About This At (provide link) or...

Suggestions anyone?

Can someone kick me under the table (PM) if I'm just being silly or if I'm touching on nerves here? Much appreciated . BTW, I did a search on this topic before I posted, so if this is a YART I couldn't find it, ok?

Hev

Faldage.. Am I redeemed? Would have thought it would have taken a lot more than shortening a url link ...go figure!