Whenever my brother plays trivia games and doesn't know the answer, he always answers "Brooke Shields". Pick your answer and stick to it.

Yes. There was an elderly geezer (must have been 60) on The Weakest Link late last year who obviously hadn't seen a film in years. The poor devil kept getting questions relating to films, and more specifically to actresses. His response to the first actress/film question was "Kylie Minogue". Wrong.

Next round, he's not voted off and as luck would have it his first question of the round was another actress-in-the-film type question. The first one was about some obscure 1920s movie and who the actress was. I can't remember the correct answer, but this poor chappie dutifully trots out "Kylie Minogue!" again. Acid Annie's mouth twitched.

As luck would have it - and I think everyone was holding their breath by this time - this poor sod got yet another actress-in-the-film type question. I remembered this one: "Who was the lead actress in 'Basic Instinct'?" "Sharon Stone, Sharon Stone, go on, tell her, come on, you can do it!" I, and probably most of that part of Britain who were tuned in to the program prayed on hs behalf. His responses up until now had been pretty quick; he knew he didn't know, and Kylie had obviously made a deep impression on him at some time (figuratively speaking, anyway).

But this time he hesitated. Not for long, but there was definitely a pause. Britain sat on the edge of its collective chair with bated breath (no cheese here, Monsignor Faldage).

Finally, in a small voice, "Uh, Kylie Minogue?"

Acerbic Annie lost the plot and burst out laughing. She was so tickled by him that she even forgot to be nasty as he left at the end of the round ...

The idiot also known as Capfka ...