Isn't this where the female joke readers say "That's disgusting!"? [tee-hee] It kind of reminds me of a song a friend of mine sings. I don't think she wrote it, but I googled and couldn't find it. All about a young man from Appalachia going off to college and learning how to spend money on wine, women and song. He convinces his father that he has found someone that can teach their old dog, Blue, to talk. All he needs is a bunch of money. After spending all the money, Christmas break rolls around and the father is so excited. He wants to hear his dog talk. The son and the dog are on the train going home when the son realizes that he's going to have to push the dog off the train and so he does it. When he gets to the station, the father says "Where's ol' Blue?" The son tells him how they were talking up a storm all the way back home. Then ol' Blue started talking about what he'd seen Dad and the neighbor's wife doing in the barn. The son said he thought his dad might not want ol' Blue telling his mom about that, so he pushed him off the train. The dad stood there a minute rubbing his chin. Then he said"Son, I just have one question for you. Did you go back and make sure that dog was dead?"

"Well, I got a dog an' his name is Blue. Bet you five dollars he's a good dog, too."