Wordwind. The mispronunciations seem to tend in favor of attentuation, for instance, "candidit" for "candidate". This may be part of a general trend in favour of attentuated spelling characterized by the droping of unecesary leters. The trend is most pronounced in the U.S.A. whilst the British hold out with stiff upper lip as usual. For instance: "favor" instead of "favour" (which remains in favour in England and with your neighbour to the north, Canada), "Savior" instead of "Saviour", "neighbor" instead of "neighbour". We also see it in words like "crystallize" and "crystalize" which are correct either way. Is this an erosion in values or just an erosion in the alphabet, I wonder? Speaking for myself, I'm not sure. Perhaps the trend toward attenuated spelling is related to the trend towards "Casual Fridays", which became the trend towards "Casual Monday thru Fridays", and has now become the trend towards "Casual 24/7". Trends are always running downhill ... or so it seems to lexicographers and elocutionists, not to mention haute couturalists.
I have also spotted the trend amongst horticulturalists.