during I've always heard and pronounced during as "derring." Is that an East Coast (US) thing?...of troy?, wow?

It seems some repronunciations suddenly spring back into usage from nowhere...like I've noticed lately that a lot of folks are making it a point to crispen the "g" in strength again (which is correct), when the lazier "strenth" suited folks (including me) just fine for decades. Maybe I just have a lazy tongue.

One recent glaring change over the past few years just drives me crazy...forté. All my life, a large part spent in the theatre where this word is commonly used ('that's not my forté', or 'that's my forté'), it has been pronounced for-tay. The, by some unknown linguistic decree, about 4 or 5 years ago everybody in the media started to pronounce it fort. I looked it up and the former is actually an acceptable, though not preferred, pronunciation. But why on earth take a wonderfully poetic, double-syllable word, and suddenly decree it to be pronounced like a hard lump of dead wood? I'll never get used to that, and for-tay it shall always be with me. I want to stick a bar of soap in their mouth whenever I hear someone do that to that word. Fort !!!
Thanks, WW, I've been meaning to post a thread on this for quite some time, but somehow always got distracted but something else whenever I thought of doing it. So thanks for giving me the opportunity to finally post it here.