Yes, Nor'easters are the classic monster storms that rage up the East Coast from the Gulf and can be more formidable than hurricanes. In fact, the Great Storm of '62, or the "Ash Wednesday Storm," which hit us in March of that year, was the worst storm of the 20th Century for us (UCLIU)! It stalled over the coast, as these gales often do, but this time it stayed for 4 days through 8 high tides right on the Spring Tide, the astromically high tide on a full moon that reaches full zenith only a couple of times a year. The ocean met the bay inundating all the barrier island towns, hasn't happened since or before in historical memory...it was a disaster! Devastated the entire coast. 'Course, I believe the Hurricane of '38 was the storm of the century up New England way (wow, wwh, am I right about this?). But, yeah, nor'easters are no fun in these parts. I remember one in December of '82 that was blowin' 90 mph steady with higher gusts, and the house wouldn't stop shaking...amusement soon turned to fear. After that I ain't stickin' around for any hurricanes Cat 2 or higher!