"Bloviate" ... isn't an actual word. My dictionary defines "bloviate" as a "slang word"

!!! Being slang prevents it from being actual???

No-one has given a thought to whether or not the metaphor actually works as a metaphor.

Þ) Even if we grant someone who would make that connection, the assumption that it was the short life of the shrew that was being alluded to rather than tsuwm's more reasonable shrewishness is somewhat far-fetched.
...the assumption that the word blovian would have any other connotation than that of its apparent relative bloviate...

Sounds to me like I said it didn't work as a metaphor. It's a bad metaphor built on a sand castle in the air.

And, no, I, for one, never accused you of doing anything wrong on purpose.

You didn't coin the word, did you?

Incidentally, tsuwm's other three links lead ultimately to nonexistent sites. No primary evidence for blovian as an "actual" word. There was a fifth site found, that of the Saskatoon Star Kleonix (!) and a refernce to the paper's gossip columnist, Francine Blovian. I'll let y'all make up your own minds as to the "actuality" of this paper[sic] (read the copy on the background) and the metaphor suggested by naming a gossip columnist Blovian.

http://www.sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca/arts/night/NEWSPPS/NOV98.HTM