Just my two cents worth...

Matter being sucked into a black hole is accelerated faster and faster by the gravitational pull of the black hole. As the matter reaches very high speeds but before it crosses the event horizon, it releases X-rays and other forms of energy. (I'm sketchy on the details here.) It is these x-rays and particles that a black hole is emitting, albeit from outside the event horizon.

Anyone interested in fractals should read James Gleick's wonderful book "Chaos." It helped make a math major out of me.

I am not sure why anyone ever talks about entering a black hole. The poor little atoms that make up your body might all enter the black hole, but their organization that constituted a person would be history. i.e. You'd be ripped apart by the gravitational energy of the black hole and then you'd be squashed down into the singularity. The only consolation would be that it would happen so fast that you wouldn't feel much.

When two antiparticles collide, they annihilate each other and produce energy. It takes input of energy to create antiparticles. One process by which this is known to occur is called "pair production."

In pair production, an incoming amount of electromagnetic radiation (i.e. a photon) with an energy of at least 1.02 MeV (mega electron volts) interacts with the elctromagnetic field of the atomic nucleus of a target atom. The energy of the photon is absorbed in the process of creating a pair of antiparticles -- an electron and a positron. A positron is essentially an electron that has a positive electric charge instead of a negative electric charge.