Warning - a "when I was young" post.

I was in my early 20s and with my Dad at the annual NYC convention of Newspaper Publishers Association (NPA) in the City. My Dad was a proud member of The Canadian Club which is housed in the tower of the Waldorf Astoria. I was to meet Dad there after he attended a "members-only" luncheon for HRH Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, who visited and was entertained by the members of the Canadian Club -- most of whom were and are Canadians living and/or working in New York City.
The Duke gave a talk and presented the Canadian Club with a portrait of Her Majesty.
When I met Dad at the Club rooms
(after colliding with the Duke as he left and I entered but that's another story)

there was quite a buzz going on and when I asked what was happening Dad told me the members were just the littlest bit miffed about the portrait.
Dad took me to see it -- it was hung over the fireplace in the "living room" area where members and guests gathered. It is a handsome portrait and I could see nothing wrong about it. Dad said, "Read the plaque."
The small brass plaque on the frame read :
"Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada."

True story. Take it as you will.