not to spoil everyone's political analysis, but i have something a bit more uplifting to share.

today classes were cancled for 2 hours so that the student body could attend a memorial service of sorts. chancelor, deans, student body president, 2 clergymen, and a school counselor among others spoke. there were prayers and songs (blowing in the wind and god bless america). the student government had arranged a collection to be sent to the red cross (i put in half of what was in my wallet, meager though it was), they had a blood collection today and another one scheduled for a week from today. as a form of peaceful protest they set up voter registration booths for the rest of the week (if they're going to kill us for our democracy this seems like a good way to fight back).

they have also set up some banners around campus on which people can write stories, emotions, thankfulnesses, or whatever else they wish to express. inselpeter, may i print out some of your words from the past few days and post them on one of these banners. they have moved me and i would like to share them.

my best wishes to us all in this time of pain and frustration.