My Dear Scribbler,

My computer skills, sadly, were not up to locating the article you mentioned. However, in the search, I stumbled upon a site which this group may find of interest as a way to pass a few minutes here and there: Cardigan Industries:
The Ecstacy of Communication, at the Corner of Art and
Commerce. This is, apparently, a series of articles, tongue-in-cheek (what I've seen, anyway), written with words of way more than one syllable, about various aspects of modern life. In fact, I had to look up one of the category headings: obloquy. Here's a sample paragraph from an article on Cardigan Personal Style -- "Be the Sweater":
COURTESY
Be diligent in the writing of notes of gratitude. Before sending, shuffle notes and envelopes to ensure random reassignment. Speculate how your aunt, who prepared a fine roast chicken dinner, will react to a note indicating the pleasure you took in reading her novel, and why you’re addressing her as Bob.

I loved one of their ratings of articles: Too clever x .5.
http://www.cardigan.com/2000/08-13/
(This is to the article quoted--I can't find anything labeled as a Home Page. The closest thing is something called Textism, a good read.)