I'm digging through the old threads, and I rather liked the idea of this one, so here it is again, everybody. All you other pledges can add to this, too.

From my office, I see the buildings across the concrete canyon from mine. One is a 1920s limestone with classic lines, and another is a modernish brick-and-glass with a nod to deco. Street level is ten stories down.

From my home, I see woods, filled with oak, larch and wild cherry, and grape vines; meadow, full of wildflowers and raspberry brambles, and populated with groundhog, rabbit, deer, skunk, all kinds of reptiles and amphibians, and our dog; and our yard, with children's toys and swings. Also, at this time of year, a covered up pool, and lots and lots of snow. There are feeders on the decks, and we have visits (depending on the time of year) from red bellied woodpeckers, downy woodpeckers, cardinals, blue jays, blue birds, hummingbirds, mourning doves, grackles, red winged blackbirds, orioles, house finches, goldfinches, phoebes, chickadees, house sparrows, chipping sparrows, purple finches, grosbeaks, and others I am sure I am forgetting. A pair of redtailed hawks hunt our meadow. Blue herons hunt the adjacent ponds.