OK. It looks like some early May dates we floated to some folks won't work for a number of people. I do not recommend earlier in the year than May because there would be too great a chance of travelers being stymied by blizzards or ice storms. Not to mention that college basketball season does not end until April 1, and it would be nice if your chief organizer were home...

We usually open the pool in May, so that it is swimmable by Memorial Day (fourth Monday of May), but Michigan weather does not assure swim weather until June.*

June is OK by me, including the dates suggested by Rhu. The only caveat is that Father's Day is on the 16th, and I'm guessing that quite a few of us will have familial obligations for that weekend.

SOOOOOO..... How about the weekend of June 22 and 23, and whatever days before and after suit people's travel arrangements?

PROPOSAL: BASE DAYS OF JUNE 22 AND 23, 2002. DO I HEAR OBJECTIONS?

*But still, no promises. The only month without recorded snow in Michigan is August. I just love to scare people with that factoid. Doesn't scare you at all, does it Bean?