well even in wit-- what makes the witty come backs so funny is the element of sharpness-- wit is like a very sharp pin touched to an overblown ego of a balloon. (buffoon!) wit can be very agressive--but the wit and humor-- here are either self denegrating, or not to sharp..

since our intent is not to harm-- its can be likened to a sport... football(american) or rugby can be very violent sports.. but the teams walk off the field and are friends. this forum is not nearly so agressive. (we certainly don't go about "flaming" each other) Our wit and word play are careful sport-- we battle each other to be on top-- but if in our word play, some one get injured, we all look to the injured party-- without to much real blame going to the person who caused the injury. there is a sence, at least on my part, that no one is out to seriously hurt my feelings, or others. so the sling and arrows, are pin pricks-- they sting for a moment.. but oh the fun of watch the balloon careen around the room with the sudden loss of pressure!

So long as there is more fun, than pain, we are fine. I do think that there is plenty of humor that is hurtful..

did you hear about the group of blonds that went out celebrating.. round after round of drinks, and with each round the cheer of "only 6 weeks" went up.

finally the bartender asks the blonds.. "what are celebrating?"

On blond offer an explaination. "we decided to take up jig saw puzzles as a hobby. The first one we tried was labeled '4 to 6 years' and we completed it only 6 weeks!"