something could happen to any of us and how would anyone know?
I was just telling someone yesterday how neat it is, that so many of us consider the board members as another family.
I have the feeling that this is fairly unusual on the 'net.
It also occurred to me that, tragic though it is, Carol's
passing has done some good, in helping to both spotlight and solidify that feeling, by pointing out not only how fragile a human being is, but also how tenuous our hold on each other here is. We seem to have opened our hearts this week as we never have before.

I love my friends, and I hate losing people. Here is what I have done about that for here. Some people know how to contact me directly, and I know how to contact some directly, though a time or two, I had to beg. I have written out instructions for my husband on how to make a post right here, should something happen to me, and I hope he can and will do that. For those of us who don't have anyone to do that, the only thing I can think of is to consider letting someone know how to contact a family member or friend, in your absence. This of course requires a high level of trust, and understanding that this info. will not be abused. For what it's worth, I do not think it is a good idea for our private phone numbers and addresses to be on the internet, even on Max's site. My instructions to my husband include that, should something happen to me, that anyone who has my address can feel free to give it to any board member who asks for it.

I would like to think that everyone here could be accounted for, in case of unexplained disappearance, but I know that not everyone is comfortable with that. For me, it is not a matter of being nosy or keeping tabs, it is a matter of that if something is wrong, I want to be able to say I'm sorry, and to offer help if possible. I'm still upset over losing David 108--he had started teaching me Afrikaans, and
he just...vanished.

I feel rather presumptuous in saying this, but for any member who doesn't feel comfortable sharing personal contact info. with anyone in particular, if you'd care to send it to me, I promise not to abuse it.