Thanks all, for the welcome. It helped me to put up my feet and feel at home.
Words and language! You're right Jackie - they are important. But I have found there is a flip side to it. Sometimes one has to be wary of words. They are tricky bastards. (whoops, sorry, I haven't read the thread on expletives yet )
If you give words too much importance, they don't treat you well. Run behind looking
for them to express yourself - you get the cold treatment. The more you run - the more they play 'hard to get'. One way to fix them is forget about them and work on the thought instead.
To work on the thought - storm the page! Just write what comes to mind. Forget pretty words, forget fancy ideas - just write and write fast - any thing and everything. You will then get a page full of your thoughts. Then you can play with the thoughts - scan them, skin them, put a skin on them. They are yours to do with what you want. By this stage if you haven't already got the words you want, looking for them is less tough. By now they've been potty trained and lot more controllable.
Sorry! I didn't mean to turn this into a "Avy Writing Classes (pay in advance)". I have been battling over this for long, I wanted to share my experiences. A good book on this is "If you want to write" by Brenda Ueland.