[rant]

I believe we may take it as stipulated that Hooters, while ostensibly an equal-opportunity employer, does not hire anyone as a waitress except good looking and well-endowed young women. I submit to your ladyships that if you have given dispassionate consideration to the questions submitted, you will conclude with me that young women with smarts, education, or what is generally considered good background or bringing up, will regard employment at Hooters as either distasteful, immoral perhaps, or insufficiently remunerative considering that they can almost certainly do better elsewhere.

can i live on your planet, bob? a place where woman are all smart and have good breeding and have money-- since it money that enable anyone to make choices..
have you seen the studies-- that show, today-- 35 years after the renewed battle for womans equality, that woman still earn only $0.90 for every $1 a man earns? and that is only if she doesn't take of time in her career for child rearing chores.. If she takes of a year or two-- she cuts her potential salary on average by an other nickle.. $45K per annum, not $50-- and then raises expressed as a % of base.. year after year.. so she will never catch up!

women who have smarts go where the money is.. because no matter what they do, they are still likely to be shortchanged! and on top of that-- management still thinks its great fun to promise a toyota-- and in the same breathe talk about cars, trucks, vans. and deliver a $3.95 toy? tell me who is the brainless person here? who thought they could get away with this? Hooter is not some little resteraunt in no where ville. it is a major corporation, with franchizes all over the US.

for half my working career, i worked the "hardware" side of technology. and got nothing but "you're going to fix the machine? i also considered sueing my employer-- since i got told to my face my management, that "you didn't need the promotion and raise-- you have a husband to support you. You shouldn't even be in this job-- you're keeping some man from a decent job" -- and this was a (at the time) a Fortune 500 company!
[/rant]