From a computer-illiterate (me)--Okay, I understand what you're saying about BCC's, but...I need some more help, here. How does SENDING bcc's keep addresses from being added to YOUR book? Mine only adds the ones I reply to. And there's a box you can uncheck so it won't do that: Tools; Options; Send. Personally, I'd rather delete one unwanted thing from my address book than go through the bcc process.

Next: I have learned not to even open e-mail that is from an address that I don't recognize--that just gets deleted immediately, all the way out of my computer. I still do this, even though a friend who knows these things said that viruses are only spread through attachments, and you won't get the virus if you just open the mail---the infection starts when you open the attachment that contains it. I
didn't know the anti-virus thing can't check these! Terror!
So--my question is, how will using bcc help stop the spread if the virus is in the attachment? Seems like the address wouldn't matter.
Any knowledgeable person's input would be welcomed!

Edit: I have been doing for some time now something suggested here by AnnaS. months ago: before sending anything on, delete all the prior addresses. It's simple
courtesy, and now I realize it's a safety measure also.

Oh--on my OE, you can just click on Cc, and you'll get the bcc option.