As I mentioned earlier in the High Priestess thread, I have been corresponding with Anu a bit lately, with the initial help of Jackie, of course. The purpose of our talking is my proposal to give wordsmith.org a fresh, new look. It has remained the same since it's inception in 1994 and Anu agreed that some aesthetic improvements are in order. I volunteered to create a new design for our beloved site. I had an interesting and pleasing conversation with Anu on the phone last evening (he's a very nice person) and we discussed what we would like to see with a new design and re-organization and what factors needed to be considered, such as older, text-only browsers and voice software for blind users.

Anu seems to be pleased with what I have designed so far, but we would like your input because we know that this board is such a great source of ideas. My design is located at http://home.att.net/~lovelandjazz/wordsmith. I haven't been able to check it in all browsers and possible computer set-ups. I'd like your feedback on the design and I'll most likely be making a couple other possible designs for you to consider.

Thanks

P.S. Note that the only links on the design that go to other pages are the "text-only" and "more/AWAD" links.