Atlantis, Mu

One of the best books I've read on Atlantis, Jazzo, was Charles's Berlitz's The Mystery of Atlantis, a comprehensive exploration of every theory ever proposed that still leaves the door open at the end. A fascinating read.

And, wwh, I found James Churchward's series of books on Mu, The Lost Continent of Mu, The Sacred Symbols of Mu, etc.to be intriguing and well-researched. Certainly not the scribblings of some money-hungry crackpot scientist at the turn of the 20th century, by any means! He was definitely on to something. I would recommend Churchward's books to anybody.

Personally, I believe the true knowledge of these ancient, mythical, and mysterious kingdoms (or, at least, the true clues as to how their legends arose) was destroyed with so much other irreplaceable wisom of the ancient world when the Library of Alexandria was torched, all for one day's act of war. How sad and infuriating. Who knows, perhaps the secrets to the roots of alchemy (even to The Philosopher's Stone) were lost that day! Once the written works were gone the High Priests would keep the knowledge to themselves, as was the custom then, and not pass it along to the common people, or even to the ruling class...they passed it only to other High Priests of the same sect, until, eventually, it went to the grave with them.

I find the theory of the manufacturing of the Pyramid blocks fascinating and extremely plausible...moreso than the vision of multitudes hauling this huge tonnage vast distances. I'll have to delve into it more!