Dear tsuwm: You seem to be reacting like the closed clique of archaeologists who refuse to even read the book, which I found entirely convincing. No lost Continent of Mu or phoney Atlantis about it. Incidentally, there is another damned fine book convincingly attributing the Atlantis myth to the catastrophic destruction of an advanced early Greek civilization by a huge volcanic eruption on one of the Cyclades just a bit southwest of Turkey, the name of which I cannot recall at the moment.The archeologists are getting to dig this one, so they buy it.
Davidovitz has the misfortune of embarrassing too many of the old school.That is unforgiveable.

P.S. I could not find anything in Encarta Encyclopedia, but found a site that gave map of Cyclades, and found the Island of Santorini, which I believe in ancient times was called Thera. Apparently the volcanic eruption was so many centuries earlier than Plato, that no knowledge of it remained. Now I'll go back to internet to see if I can find anything except tourist spiels.

P.P.S. I hit the jack pot, a site with a lot of information about the Atlantis myth and modern discoveries.
http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=Santorini+Thera+volcanic+eruption