too bad Mav-- as the sun sets in your sitting room, i am sitting (at least on weekend and holidays) in my gazebo out of the mid day sun.. It has sconces for the cintronella candles, and tables and chairs, (no couch, but it does have a lounge chair) a windchime, and 4 hanging planters.. the sunny side has 2 ivy geraniums, the shady, 2 fuschia. the shade is from (depending on the time of day), an giant oak (at least 75 feet tall) an maple (not even 20 feet tall) or a elm-- about 40 foot tall-- but a bit down hill-- so its seems only a few feet taller than the maple. and the gazebo has a small shelf with a resin copy of a Degas sculpture.. (what room is complete with out art?) around the gazebo are plantings of hosta, sweet williams, tiarellas, ferns, iris, and spring bulbs. It is one of the nicest part of my house!

I think about buying a portable heater so i could use it more in the winter.. but i do use it on sunny days in the winter-- leaveless trees admit more sun, and the concrete floor soaks up the heat from the sun.