My dictionary shows disc as a variation of disk, most particularly in reference to a phonograph record. I have also always seen and used disk except for disc jockey (also see "disco," "discotheque," and "discography"), until the dawn of modern tech terminology. But even, now, I see it used interchangeably on floppy packaging...even in the variation diskettes, which wouldn't seem to work as discettes. Also, in reference to UFO's I usually see Flying Disk or Metal Disk. And in reference to the spine -- disk, as in "slipped disk."
And the word, "disklike," is also listed as an adjective...which, in spoken language, could pose a problem for folks
who tend to drop the last consonant (the "k" of disk), and take on a totally different meaning! So, you see, it's not that I disklike disc, it's just that I usually use disk! (except when speaking of vinyl records) But the two have become almost interchangeable in my mind, because I had to reflect at length on each instance of usage
to recall the most predominant...which, alas, just serves to throw more kerosene into the fire, as it were, doesn't it?
[confused]