Here in the suburbs of Atlanta we don't have much in the way of interesting animals (other than my dog). But I'd like to relate an experience I had in Brazil:

I spent a week on a ranch in the Pantanal (southern offshoot of the Amazon rainforest - a "wetlands" on the Brazil/Bolivia border). Early one morning I got up and out before the others and went in search of birds. I saw a flock of hyacinth macaws, maybe 8 or 10, screeching as they flew in spirals over the area. That in itself would have been breathtaking enough, but they were soon joined by a haphazard group of half a dozen toucans. Even having lived in Brazil as long as I had, I'd never seen toucans except at the zoo or on cereal packages. These guys appeared to have a sort of love/hate deal going on with the macaws, something like hawks and crows here.

But the most wonderful part of it all was watching God manifest their [sic] sense of humor: toucans are top-heavy, and they can match the macaws in graceful gliding for only so long before they have to flap-flap-flap their beaks back up to level flying position again. It was a hilarious and beautiful sight, watching them try to play group tag with the big blue birds.