The famous circle in Paris is Place de l'Etoile. I have fond memories of driving around it, not at rush hour thank God.

A friend of mine described the situation where some drunken Australians on their big OE (overseas experience trip) crossed the Place de l'Etoile during rush hour. They all survived. The luck of the descendants of convicts, I expect.

Gdouttahere, ya pomaphile! There are several groves in Havelock Nth, doncha know?

Havelock where? Sorry, not on any map that I have. Isn't it a suburb of Hastings which is nearly a suburb of Napier? Pretentious place ...

BTW you mentioned that a Pom was coming to Zild. Anyone on the Board?

And what's with the US'n habit of numbering streets, anyway? Makes it real easy for foreigners like me - if you can count - but, miGawd, how banal! Why don't you give them interesting names like Bill Clinton Avenue or Devine Brown Road or Hugh Heffner Tollway?

And it's nice to see you US'ns spelling it "thoroughfare" rather than "thrufare", which I saw in some publication or other some time ago. Oh, that's right, Time Magazine. [/rant]

The idiot also known as Capfka ...