but none of these really mean the same thing.
But you don't want them to mean the same thing, since you are looking for differentiation.

wsieber, i misstated myself. what i was attempting to say is that none of the words i listed--at least in my mind--are suitable (superlative enough, if you will) for adequate expression of the depth, breadth, or compelling force that is embodied in the word "love".

i guess i'm just lamenting the absence of a few more ways to express deep adoration in various circumstances without detracting from the sanctity of the word LOVE. i think it's wonderful to tell people that you love them--i say it to my own children a million times a day, and often say it to my close friends as well--but somehow in my mind it's like trumping a two of hearts when you've got the three in your hand...where do you go from there?

NicholasW.... your coinings are wonderful ~ powerful and apt distinctions between at least three different types of love(*), though as you wisely pointed out, they are rarely mutually exclusive.

(*): is that poor grammar? can one distinguish "between" three things? somehow "among" didn't look right either.