Not to offer excuses, but have had considerable difficulty typing with the left hand since I sliced off a goodly chunk of meat from the tip of my left middle finger last week (stupidly not paying attention whilst slicing vegetables).

Ouch! I sympathize, being prone to slicing and dicing my hands one way or another. Ironically, more by paper than the knives (and scalpels) I use for paper cutting here....

But anyway. About www.freespelling.com, I have to agree some words are quite annoying, when it appears english (and other languages) have rules that are repeatedly being broken. "i before e, except after c, except...." As a couple mentioned, what's proposed looks like it will make things more complicated rather than easier. I would find it easier to spell if certain word rules actually applied without so many exceptions. Just changing a few words that annoy us is arbitrary and as annoying as the mistakes that have become accepted words.

To top it off, the abbreviated language shown on the side (in the cell phone use) "I luv u" "c u later" just drives me around the bend. I know it's useful to have shorthand in some situations, but it just looks terrible to me.

To conclude, I think he's got a couple good points, but no solution yet that's any better than the previous failed attempts at language reform.

Ali