Not sure what the fisherman would have said, but he would certainly have wondered what the hell his daughter was doing on board his boat. In the age of sail, at least in Europe, it was generally considered bad luck to have a woman on board ship, and I understand that persists to some degree.

Related to this, one very interesting term is "Jonah" - in the case of a ship that was having a run of bad luck (losing battles, not catching fish, whatever) this was applied to the individual sailor who was thought to be the source of the bad luck. He would often be singled out because of some oddity or flaw of his character, such as being left-handed or holding unorthodox beliefs. I assume the term comes from the biblical character swallowed by the whale, but I've never looked into the etymology.

One of my favorite terms for describing a location on a ship is "abaft the starboard mainchains." I'm also partial to hawse-hole - the hole where the anchor cable passed out of the cable tier and attached to the anchor - as well as cathead - which I think is where the anchor hangs when not in use, but I don't recall for sure.

If this thread survives until Monday, perhaps I'll grab my copy of Sea of Words and provide a few more gems.

Hyla verbosii nauticalorum