bridget96 is betting {I} can provide lucidity with relative ease.

In the words of the immortal (not to mention loquacious) Calvin Coolidge: You lose.

It's a little complicated. Perhaps one of the cricket fans, shanks or one of the Oz or Zild denizens of the board, could do it. But I could try. (Note: this will not be enough information for you to use the names in question) The wicket, as we all know, is the contraption of uprights and cross bars that the batsman is trying to protect from the ravages of the bowler. (You cricket fans will probably find this extremely amusing; a iggerunt US'n's attempts at explaining a sport that he is genetically incapable of understanding) If the bowler manages to hit the wicket and break it apart, the batsman is given out bowled. But if the wicket is sticky wouldn't it be more likely to withstand the assault by the bowler? I hear you ask. Aha! The wicket can also refer to, among other things, the area of the pitch near and between the wickets. When this area has been recently rained upon it frequently gets a tacky consistency, The ball reacts in a more lively fashion (the bowler bowls the ball so that it bounces before reaching the vicinity of the batsman) off of a sticky wicket and is harder to defend against.

[ducking out of the way of the bemused cricket afficianadoes emoticon]

BTW, when YLIU you could do much worse than print out and read The Devil's Dictionary of Cricket if you can get to it. It seems to be in some sort of end of month limbo right now, but it's worth the wait. It has, among other things, a picture of the Teletubbies and something vaguely resembling a good reason for the picture.