> "The Live Poets' Society"
If they display half the adroit dithyramb as the hip-hop greats I'd be surprised.
I agree that a some hip-hop is disrespectful towards women but Max, if you think that M&M is misogynic and hateful, then he achieved exactly what he wanted (that's right publicity), the Lady Chatterley's Lover effect. He made it as controversial as he could you know. He wanted people like you to find it disparaging. I'm no great fan of his, but he is no doubt beating the conservatives on the censorship front. If you listened to the MM LP, you'll have noticed the first thing he does is rattle off about 50-100 derogatory phrases and statements, especially concerning sodomy and gays. Not because he hates them (he doesn't give a ****, remember), but to point out the prejudice of the listener towards them. He just released a song with a highly respected 'fag' (Elton John). Although a lot of oldies like to think of themselves as fairly liberal, when confronted with these distressing topics they scream 'obscenity!'; yet it's completely fine for their daughter to buy Cosmo and read about Kama Sutra and satisfying their boyfriend. See, you're already cringing; it's like cryptonite this subject. All he does is hold up a mirror to society, some don't like what they see. 'Intolerance' is not what he's preaching - in fact it's the opposite. He's preaching the, 'the world's more messed up than I'll ever be' philosophy. He's dead right too, he's completely harmless compared to say, oh, the U.S. Senate. btw, you're indirectly giving him a lot of credit just by mentioning him.
You're prolly not much of an electronic music fan right, not that you've listened to much of that either.
Many classical music lovers still can't cope with contemporary 'classical' music, a lot are still coming to terms with 'The Rite of Spring'; why should things be different in 'popular' music.

wet blanket

p.s. Bridget, if you liked 'Ministry of Sound' try listening to Herbert. While the hours away at 120 bpm.