"Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen, for those ideas and comments,"said Professor Scribbler, quietly arrogating to himself that worthiest of titles in order that he may ASK and not be required to ANSWER the Qs he proposes to propound. "I have, for your convenience, divided the class into groups based upon your previous answers, placing the Absolutists on my right and the group representing Situational Ethics on my left. In the middle of our Electronic Forum, I have placed, appropriately enough, those contemplating meditatively (or meditating contemplatively) together with the uncertain and the confused. Now we are ready to proceed to the Next Level. Would your answers still be the same," he asked, with the hint of a twinkle in his eyes, "if we changed the facts just a bit?" His eyes darted quickly to the Absolutist quarter, then back just as quickly to the neutral middle. "Let's start with just two changes."

#1. Same facts EXCEPT THAT, instead of "merely" languishing in the relative comfort of a dreary dungeon, Robin and LJ are to be hanged at dawn, day after tomorrow, UNLESS, of course, MM acquiesces to the 13th Century plea bargaing offer, as aforesaid, in which instance, the High Shire Reeve of Nottingham would, on his word of honor as a Christian (Pardon me, Mr. Shanks) gentleman, arrange a jail break to freedom, success guaranteed. All right, Class, same answers as before? Discuss?

Now for #2 - Same set of facts as in #1, supra, EXCEPT THAT, The Shire Reeve has, in aid of his nefarious scheme, advised Robin of his "offer" to MM and permitted Robin to send a note to MM, pleading for her "cooperation" in order that his (Robin's and their friend's (LJ's) lives might be spared. MM receives the note. There is no mistaking Robin's hand (such as it is). She knows it well. The reply comes back from MM. "Robin, my dearest, I could not love thee, dear, so much, loved not I honor more." (Anticipating, by some... but that is another class) "Sorry, Robin, my Eternal Love. I shall get me to a nunnery and we shall meet, someday, in Heaven!). In the great tradition of Hollywood, Will Scarlet and the Merry Men mount a valiant effort to free the prisoners, but, alas, Hollywood having,for once, surrendered to Reality, the effort fails and the terrible sentence is (in Hollywood's exquisite detail) carried out, with Will Scarlet and a few more merry Men hanged for good measure. (Rated R for cruelty and violence, as well as for the lurid sexual scenes between MM and the High SR. Parental Discretion advised. Tickets: Adults $8.50; Seniors, $6.50; Children 12 and under $5.00 - Children are not permitted to bring firearms into the theatre except w/ the written permission of a parent or guardian)

"Same answers, Class? Please don't forget to sign the Honor Pledge. Leave your bluebooks on my desk," says Professor Scribbler, preparing to leave the room.