To Scribbler:

I do not have the origin of rouspéteur beyond the fact that I first heard it used in a "discussion" with my wife (depending on which language we argue in, er, have our discussion in, one of us is usually checking out a dictionary afterwards), but the definition is as follows:

rouspéteur, -euse fam (nm, f) [rouspéter is the verb, btw]
grumbler, moaner, groucher
il n'y a que les rouspéteurs qui obtiennent satisfaction you only get what you want if you complain

I would like to find a good French dictionary, comparable to the OED, but have yet to do so.

As to the strolling, it was digital strolling, but in the modern sense of the word. My selection of the digital OED was made for three reasons:
1. It was less than one quarter the price of the paper version.
2. My bookshelves are already overflowing so I couldn't fit another 24 volumes on them.
3. It is much easier to find words because you can search for words in the definitions, or even multiple words that occur within a certain number of words of each other. for example, "rabbit" followed no more than 10 words later by "fur".

Although I have several print dictionaries, the electronic ones are faster when I need the word quickly. At work, I must write things in both official languages and I don't usually have time to search for the translation in a book.

As to being the AE, I graciously accept the honour!