Perhaps those of us who post regularly to the group should agree on a few rules of engagement, now we are coming of age.

In my limited knowledge of group dynamics it is perfectly normal to pass through to a stage where everyone is very polite to each other to another, where people feel more able to be critical. Another issue (and its not only related to testosterone levels) is some kind of bid for leadership. Anyone who's read "Lord of the Flies" will know the natural conclusion.

Amongst adults there are a number of possible end points which include - (i) acceptance of a hierarchy (it involves less thinking) (ii) a code of practice which recognises people's individuality or (iii) murder.

Whilst option (iii) can be very cathartic it has unpleasant consequences for society and is best avoided. Given the nature of the group option (i) is unlikely to work as:
(a) people will come and go; (b) we are all computer literate intelligent adults, capable of thinking; (c) the internet (at least at this early stages in its development) it a kind of anarchic environment (at least in so far as it defies traditional structures) and this type of environment does not always respect traditional leadership styles.

So, I have a few proposals for discussion & to follow one of my rules I will move over to miscellany to post it. Follow me if you dare!