Bravo, and I do agree Tsuwm; let us not chillax.

Yet in turn let us ideate upon this matter and either locate a word for which is, within the Greek terminology, exactus ["exact or accurate,"] unto what is sought, no matter the linguistic language; or seek to find a simple phrase for which does convey the desired outcome.

Either way, to speak, "He gazed without emotion upon the sadness evident before him..", is not conducive unto the iambic or meter of the poem for which I am attempting to create. Thus the need for disambiguation is most desperately desired.
Well, either that or to disambiguate the sentence, thus bringing understanding with one or two words.

*sighs* May hap I should delegate this poetic dribble unto the heaps of unfinished works within my office.

The English Language is one of the most frustrating and useless languages, within my opinion at the moment, for we do have umpteen words to describe one act, yet none to describe another. It is no wonder that many do look upon us and shake there heads at our audacity of speaking, "We are educated."

I do thank you all for aiding myself in this endeavor.

Rev. Alimae