Siamese Toms
Your account of the amorous adventures of your red tom is much like our experience, over 25 years ago, with our Siamese tom, Prince de Blu (he was a pedigreed bluepoint), a fantastically beautiful cat with a creamy coat and the most startling blue eyes to go with his blue-grey points. Very affectionate, and generally would sleep on my head.

Prinny, as we called him, had a truly awesome sex drive; you could not keep him in the house, since he would scream the place down (you could hear him eight houses away) until you let him out. Of course, there were lashings of strange kittens around the neighborhood after a while, most with blue eyes.

Prinny's sex life was his undoing. When he was about 6 years old, he went out catting one night and didn't return for several days. My mother in law, who was sitting on the front porch, saw him coming up the walk and screamed for us to come. Prinny staggered up the walk, and collapsed on the steps. We found that he had terrible bites on his legs, so we rushed him to the vet, who guessed he had come out second best in a to-do with a possum, of which there were plenty in our neighborhood. He stitched up Prinny, put in drains, bandaged him, gave him several injections, and we took him home (the cat, not the vet). Predictably, the very next day, the feline fury went to the door and started screaming. My wife, a nurse, figured that if he were human he certainly shouldn't be out screwing that soon, and tried to keep him in, but no go; we finally had to let him out. Next day, a neighbor called to say the cat was in his yard, after chasing and succeeding in coupling with his cat, but that he was acting strange. We went to bring him back, but he was gone. Next day, he showed up, staggering again, and collapsed and died before we could get to the vet again. The vet figured that nookie was too much for him in his condition. What a morality tale.