There has been a lot of talk about animals in some form or other, and I got to wondering what sort of names people here are giving to their pets. There has got to be some good names (and stories) in this group. Or, it'd be fun to "hear" a few names you think would be great for a pet.

I think the most unique name in my family was made by my brother when he was very little. We had a female black cat named Tippetywitchet.

These days I've got a little manx named Cadfael (after the fictional Welsh Benedictine monk). My Cadfael is quite friendly, looks different than any cat in the house and since he came home from the shelter, he's, er... celibate.

My brother's cat is named Isis, and while it's a pretty name, we joke it would have been more appropriate to call her Menhit, another egyptian goddess who's name means "she who slaughters". His kitty is quite the aggressive little darling...

Does your pets names suit them, or have the nicknames taken over as their personalities emerged? I'd like to know.

Ali