I came across a reference to the Cinque Ports this morning. I knew they were in England (a note in the article counted replies to the question, where were they, and over 60% of those who responded thought they were in either France or Belgium). Turns out the Cinque Ports were Hastings, Romney, Hythe, Dover and Sandwich.

This led me to think about other geographic names and expressions. I wonder what all of you have to contribute?
I did find out a bit about two, just to get started:

Hanseatic cities
It seems the principal cities of the Hanseatic League were Lübeck, Hamburg, Bremen, Visby, Novgorod, Bruges and Bergen, along with quite a few others, including inland cities. (Note that several hundred years ago, Bruges was a seaport.)

The Dry Tortugas
An island chain in the Caribbean, off the coast of Florida.

The Horse Latitudes
Two belts of latitude where winds are light and weather is hot and dry. There is one in each hemisphere at about 30 deg. latitude with a north-south range about 5 degrees, following the seasonal migration of the sun. The name is supposedly from the fact that Spanish ships transporting horses to the new colonies would be becalmed in mid-ocean long enough to cause a shortage of water and horses would have to be thrown overboard. Columbia Encyclopedia