Fal I guess while you would concur that in my own defense I did admit "tautology" might not conceivably be the right word, I must assert though with the most profound reservations as a matter of conjecture with which possibly few would disagree, except sometimes,

"You would be remiss in claiming something as an established fact if it is only your opinion, something you think, or merely what you have yourself experienced."

Fal I somewhat hesitatingly, I believe most might argue, thank you, though to some extent I feel compelled to in effect somewhat totally disagree. I would maintain with only personal presentiments there may be some special conditions in which you might contend to my satisfaction a qualifier possibly to be be appropriate but in my opinion, in general they're unnecessary except conceivably sometimes when the opposite tack is apparently called for, it seems to me, despite some possible ingemination, you must agree

Obviously to most of us of course it would be remiss under certain specific conditions to maintain "It is an established fact that Obama doesn't believe in God" though on the other hand in my estimation it would of course be all right to say, "Obviously he is lying," I think many might assert if properly approached under the right circumstances

But getting back to iteracy (if that's the right word) another of my pet peeves is the redundancy in expressions like "lift up" or "slash down" although I suppose you could credibly disagree, or so it might appear, at least in my own way of looking at things, wouldn't you say

...though I opine, with your permission, somewhat querulously to be sure, at least in the way a prescriptivist considers the proposition, that although you might not accord in toto, that many if not most participants might if asked endorse the elimination of much unnecessary verbiage

dalehileman