Originally Posted By: etaoin
Originally Posted By: dalehileman
Mail totally lacks editing capability

Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Select all, Complete, Paste as Quotation, Paste and Match Style.

what else do you need?

Glad you asked because it gives me a legitimate opportunity to further provoke tsu and his followers. Yes, the routine you cite is very roundabout compared to Outlook/Word capabilities and can stretch out the editing process for a single document from minutes to hours depending on how many times you spot another error and have to thus move it back and forth back and forth...

... though I believe you inadvertently omitted initial highlighting of the word or paragraph to be edited and another Select All between Cut and Copy

As I probably mentioned earlierier I could live with the incompetence of its spellchecker (coincidentally Mac couldn't correct "earlierier" above) but in Mail I miss most acutely the inability to place macros in its taskbar. I had used as many as 105 macros in one past word processor, a terrific saving of keystrokes

One that sticks in my mind coped with Word's annoying habit of every so often withdrawing all the spellcheck wigglies from a document, requiring a routine of 18 keystrokes to restore them, a process you had to repeat a few days to a week later when they again disappeared. Of course I was able to write a macro allowing me to get them back in a single keystroke

Alas eta you and I are apparently among the few who so deeply resent the loss of editing capabilities or perhaps who even understand what we're talking about

Anyone wishing to tear me to shreds, I am yours, dalehileman@me.com and apparently don't care who knows it

dalehileman